This course is intended for the general public. The program offers instruction in CPR, use of an AED, and treatment for a choking victim. Participants will learn about the importance of high quality CPR and how to apply their skills in the event of a sudden cardiac arrest victim. In addition, this program will help the student develop basic first aid knowledge, skills, and confidence to respond to a medical emergency.
This program is intended for individuals who do not work in the healthcare field but require or desire CPR and first aid knowledge and skills, such as emergency response teams in business and industry, school bus drivers, adult residential care personnel, child care workers, teachers, parents, and babysitters.
- CPR for adults (optional: children and infants)
- AED (Automated External Defibrillator) training
- Blocked airway and choking
- Safety considerations in an emergency situation
- Basic first aid
- Dealing with a medical emergency
- CPR and first aid skills practice
- Adult Only