What is blended training?
Blended Training combines multi-media online learning with hands-on in-person skills sessions to offer you increased flexibility, convenience, and safety for your training.
HOW IT WORKS
Register for your desired class
- American Heart Association® (AHA): register on AHA website
- American Safety & Health Institute® (ASHI): email to register
- Medic First Aid® (MFA): email to register
Complete the online course sessions
Take the online course sections when it is convenient for you. When you are finished, print out your completion certificate.
Schedule a skills training session
Contact us to schedule your skills training session. Please bring a copy of your online course completion certificate to the skills session. Skills testing is an additional cost.
Please note that in California, day care providers are required to complete hands-on courses for renewals.
Benefits of Blended Learning
- Streamlined training and certification
- 24/7 access to online course content for the duration of the certification period
- Self-directed learning that fits each student’s schedule
- Memorable, easy-to-understand video learning that builds confidence and maximizes retention of life-saving skills
- Shorter skills training sessions (1 hour vs. 4-8 hours in a traditional class)
- Can reduce training costs by up to 60%
- Standardized training throughout multiple facilities
- Students will automatically receive an e-mail notification regarding enrollment, follow-up, and completion associated with the training program