This course is designed to train businesses and individuals who require training in basic first aid skills. The program will provide first aid training to students, giving them the skills and confidence necessary to manage illness and injuries until the arrival of EMS.
This course is intended for individuals who require or desire elementary first aid knowledge and skills, such as emergency response teams in business and industry, school bus drivers, adult residential care personnel, child care workers, teachers, parents, and babysitters.
- Safety and legal considerations in emergency situations
- Assessment and response in emergency situations
- First aid for injuries and accidents
- First aid for sudden illness and other medical emergencies
- Basic first aid skills practice
- Optional program content: tourniquets, splinting, metered-dose inhalers, nebulizers, EpiPen auto-injectors