This training program teaches employees with occupational exposure to potentially infectious materials important information about avoiding accidental exposure and managing an accidental exposure if one occurs. (CFR 1920.1030 & CAL-OSHA Title 8 §5194).
Any individual or employee who has a reasonable anticipation of contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials as a result of performing their designated job duties.
- Intro to bloodborne pathogens and the process of infection
- Specific bloodborne pathogens (HIV, Hepatitis B and C)
- Your employer’s exposure control plan
- Recognizing the potential for exposure
- Methods to control exposure
- Use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- What to do if an exposure occurs
- Communicating a hazard in the workplace