This program provides an ideal training solution for schools, child care providers, youth sports coaches, and others required to learn how to respond to medical emergencies involving children. The training includes instruction on CPR, First Aid, and use of an AED for children, infants, and adults. (This program meets the requirements set forth by California EMSA AB 243 for daycare providers).
Individuals who desire to be or are required to be certified in pediatric First Aid, CPR, and AED such as school bus drivers, child care workers, teachers, parents, and babysitters.
- Respiratory and circulatory systems
- Chain of survival
- CPR assessment and response
- AED (Automated External Defibrillator) training
- Safety and legal considerations in emergency situations
- Assessment and response in emergency situations
- Control of bleeding and recognition of internal bleeding
- Managing shock
- Injury of head, neck, back, eye, and limbs
- Stings, bites, and burns
- Temperature-related illness
- First aid for sudden illness and other medical emergencies
- Blocked airway and choking
- CPR and first aid skills practice